Child and Family Development
Campus: West Plains
Missouri State University
Child and Family Development
West Plains, MO 65775
- EdD, Nova Southeastern University (2003)
- MPA, Missouri State University (1997)
- BS, Missouri State University (1994)
- CFD 155 Principles of Human Development
- CFD 163 Relationships in Today’s Families
- CFD 197 Special Topics Courses
- CFD 204 Leadership and Advocacy for Children and Families
- CFD 257 Principles of Development in Middle Childhood
- CFD 261 Play as Development
- CFD 297 Internship in Planning and Implementing Curriculum for Child Development Centers
- Department Head, Child and Family Development, Missouri State University-West Plains (2004-2016)
- School Age Program Coordinator, Learning Tree Child Care Center, West Plains, MO (1989-2010)
- Project REACH Professional Development Associate, University of Missouri-Columbia (1997-2000)
- In-Service Trainer, Learning Connection, Springfield, MO (1995-2003)
- School Age Program Site Coordinator, Springfield Family YMCA (1996-1997)
- Child Maltreatment. 2nd Edition. By Chadwick, etc al.-“Role of the School” Chapter Contributor (Co-Contributor: Dr. Peggy Pearl, MSU Emeritus Professor).
- Pathways to Teaching: A Guide for Beginning Early Childhood Teachers. (Received sole authorship rights from Linda Peacock and Willa Johnson in Spring 2006).
- The Stage Coach Journey: Trail to Medicine Lodge. A study guide developed for elementary school teachers participating in The Stage Coach Journey's 2005 journey to Medicine Lodge, Kansas.
- Child Advocacy Center-South Central Advisory Board Member (2013 to present)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Two Year College Accreditation System Peer Reviewer (2006 to present)
- Missouri Center for Accreditation Regional Coordinator and Team Leader (1995 to 2010)
- Missouri and Ozark Associations for the Education of Young Children Member (1996 to present)
- Missouri Department of Health Bureau of Child Care Safety and Licensure Licensing Rule Revision Work Group Member (Summer 2008 to present)
- Missouri Department of Social Services-Child Care Advisory Board Member (2005 to present)
- South Central Early Childhood Association - Missouri State University Student Chapter Faculty Advisor (2004 to 2010)
Professional Development Conferences
- National Association for the Education of Young Children-2014 Annual Conference (Chaperoned 6 Students)
- National Center for Academic Transformation-2013 Course Redesign Workshop, Phoenix, AZ
- National Association for the Education of Young Children-2010 Annual Conference Anaheim, CA (Co-presented with Missouri State-West Plains student)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children-2007 Annual Conference Chicago, IL (Chaperoned 9 students)
"The child has a hundred languages and a hundred, hundred, hundred more."
— Loris Malaguzzi
Awards and honors
- Board of Governor's Faculty Excellence in Public Affairs (2015)
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Education (2011)
- 2012-Missouri State University-Annual Fund-Awarded $500 for the College Parent Resource Center
- 2011-Missouri State University-Annual Fund-Awarded $500.00 to send students to the 2012 AEYC-MO Conference.
- 2011-Missouri State University Annual Fund-Awarded $450.00 to purchase CCAMPIS videos.
- 2010-CCAMPIS-Awarded $102,788 for 2010 through 2013.
- 2010-Child Care Assistance Bid.
- 2007-Missouri State University-Philanthropic Women of Education-Awarded $3,500 to take students to NAEYC Conference in Chicago, IL.