- MA, Arkansas State Univ-Jonesboro (1991)
- AB, Univ Of Missouri-Columbia (1985)
- ENG 100 Introduction to College Composition
- ENG 110 Writing I
- Faculty Development Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Honors Program Committee
- Ozarks Studies Program Committee
- Portfolio Committee
- Student Computer User's Fee Committee
- Student Advising and Academic Support Center Advisory Committee
- "Poaching in the Open: An Introduction to Fanfiction and Its Genres and Conventions." Presented at RCW 139: Due It Again. 14 August 1997. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- "Right for the Wrong Reasons: Dan Quayle, Murphy Brown, Single-Parent Families, and Television." Presented at the Popular Culture Association in the South Conference, 4 October 1993, Nashville, TN.
- "Mutant Romance: The Blurring of Genre Lines in Contemporary Series Romance Novels." Presented at the Popular Culture Association in the South Conference, 5 October 1991, Norfolk, VA.
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- Council of Writing Program Administrators
Awards and honors
- Coordinator, The Big Read for Howell County. NEA Grant. $10,000. Application made February 2009. Announcement date April 2009.
- Co-Coordinator, The Big Read for Howell County. NEA Grant. $7500. 2008.
- Project Director, Missouri Arts Council Grant. "Talking Ozarks Symposium." MAC. $2,500. 2005.
- GTE Foundation Grant, $3000 for "A Longitudinal Study of Developmental English Students at SMSU-West Plains." 2000.