- PhD, Univ Of Missouri-Columbia
- MA, Univ Of Southern California (1975)
- BJ, Univ Of Missouri-Columbia (1971)
- IDS 297 - International Relations (Capstone)
- PLS 101 - American Democracy/Citzenship (Honors Component Available)
- PLS 205 - Countries and Cultures:Comp Govt
- American Political Science Association
- Faculty participant, SMSU - WP Academic Support Center Literacy Awareness Community Project. (1991 - 2006)
- Presented to community and campus, Faculty Seminar Series, "Persistent Poverty in Rural America." (2000)
- Presenter and humanities advisor, Missouri Humanities Council Public Discussion Program, Eminence, Mo. Presented on the Palestinian - Israeli Conflict. (1995)
- Faculty Facilitator, University/ Community Programs Film Series. (2010, 2009 and 2003)
- University Speakers Bureau member. Has presented programs to community groups, ie., Cabool Kiwanis Club, West Plains Chamber of Commerce Excel Program, Business and Professional Women's Clubs, etc., on a variety of political topics (1989 - present)
Research and professional interests
- "The Ties that Bind: The Impact of Isolation on Income in Rural America," The Journal of Public Affairs, Vol. VII, Issue I, 2004
- "Welfare Reform and Policy Analysis," Policy Studies Journal, Vol. 16, No. 4, Summer, 1988 with David Webber, Ph.D.
- In collaboration with area county clerks, created Elections Service Learning project which enabled students to work as poll workers and Elections Judges in elections, 2004-present.
- In 2012, students worked at Howell, Oregon, Shannon and Texas County polling sites.
- In collaboration with Circuit Judge David Evans, 37th Judicial Circuit of Missouri, created and administered a judicial community service learning project for political science students (2006 - present)
"Education is the backbone of democracy."
— Abraham Lincoln
Awards and honors
- Francis Fellowship, Nominee, Department of Political Science, University of Missouri Columbia (1989)
- Missouri Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching (1999)
- Missouri Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Nominee (2008, 2011)
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor, Nominee, Student Government Association (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
- Outstanding Teaching Methods Award, Student Alliance for Reachable Goals (recognized service to students in developmental education curriculum - 1991)
- Team 2000 Award, Southwest Missouri State University-West Plains (recognized service to the University - 1997)
- Therrein Fellowship, Department of Political Science, University of Missouri - Columbia (1989)
- Top Faculty Merit Rating (rating system discontinued in 1994 - 1989 - 1994)
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, nominated by students (2003, 2000, 1998)
- Faculty Merit Award Winner (2013)